Should I give up on dating?

I am nearly 30 and never seriously dated. By that I mean I have gone on dates and what not- but never even kissed one of those women. I just fail with this consistently. I think it would honestly be better to (somehow) stop even wanting to date and forever stopping. Is this a good idea? I am feeling really down... show more I am nearly 30 and never seriously dated. By that I mean I have gone on dates and what not- but never even kissed one of those women. I just fail with this consistently. I think it would honestly be better to (somehow) stop even wanting to date and forever stopping.

Is this a good idea? I am feeling really down about being this undesirable. If I stopped trying- I think it would make me feel better, but I am not sure if I would regret that later in life. Maybe if I try I will feel better- but if I don't I may feel like I should have done more.

But I really want to give up and just forget about the whole thing.