A week ago FedEx lost my package. Shipper already opened a claim. Neighbor brought package to me tonight, looks opened. What do I do?

Package was left anonymously with a note that said it was delivered to the wrong house. Definitely opened. Thankfully something pretty specialized/no one else would want. Contents are intact. Obviously the morally correct thing to do is tell these companies I finally recieved my package. It s what I want to do.... show more Package was left anonymously with a note that said it was delivered to the wrong house. Definitely opened. Thankfully something pretty specialized/no one else would want. Contents are intact.

Obviously the morally correct thing to do is tell these companies I finally recieved my package. It s what I want to do. Because, in the end, it s no harm no foul .

Before I do that though I want to know if I have other options?

FedEx admitted fault. It took a solid week for me to get my package - and only due to the semi-good will of a stranger. Semi because they snooped first. I don t think I m crazy to want some sort of compensation for the trouble.

But to my knowledge FedEx cannot compensate me directly. They can only pay the shipper. And only for my lost package - which was pricey. Is this true? In that case should I just talk to the shipper about asking FedEx for a partial refund?