Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 3 months ago

A week ago FedEx lost my package. Shipper already opened a claim. Neighbor brought package to me tonight, looks opened. What do I do?

Package was left anonymously with a note that said it was delivered to the wrong house. Definitely opened. Thankfully something pretty specialized/no one else would want. Contents are intact.

Obviously the morally correct thing to do is tell these companies I finally recieved my package. It s what I want to do. Because, in the end, it s no harm no foul .

Before I do that though I want to know if I have other options?

FedEx admitted fault. It took a solid week for me to get my package - and only due to the semi-good will of a stranger. Semi because they snooped first. I don t think I m crazy to want some sort of compensation for the trouble.

But to my knowledge FedEx cannot compensate me directly. They can only pay the shipper. And only for my lost package - which was pricey. Is this true? In that case should I just talk to the shipper about asking FedEx for a partial refund?

• `

Your neighbor probably thought the package was his without looking at the name or address. No big deal. Take this as a lesson learned. Now you know that should check with your neighbor for lost packages.

<<Obviously the morally correct thing to do is tell these companies I finally received my package. It s what I want to do. Because, in the end, it s no harm no foul . >>

Good. This should be the end of it.

<<I don t think I m crazy to want some sort of compensation for the trouble. >>

Want all you want, but as you wrote "no harm, no foul."

• Cogito

Just be honest and tell them that you've now received your package but make it very clear that you're very unhappy that it was delivered to the wrong house and therefore got to you very late.

Whatever emails you send, copy in both parties. And ask for some compensation for the inconvenience.