Wood floor installation?

Unless you own or rent the proper tools and have the knowledge and ware with all to do the job, you may want to hire a handy man or a professional.

I helped my boyfriend lay an oak floor and I found it to be pretty easy, actually. We had this tool that once you hit it with a mallet, it set the boards in the tongue and grooves with a nail. Plus, you will need a saw to cut the boards to size. Leaving a small space under the baseboards allows the floor to expand and contract. It was pretty easy. But, we are handy people.

Do not try yourself have people help you

its kind of like putting down sod in that the good looking side goes up

seems your new to this forum ...your 3 word effort is not a question ...the idea is this ..you ask a question...with as much info as you can muster ..size ..type ..position etc etc ..and then its our turn ..we are mostly builders or close ..me? over 50 years a builder ..we give you the benefit of our experience ..for free !...give it a try

• gerald

that's pretty basic mate any chance of help here we are good but not that good

What about it do you want to know?