Can you still be a Christian if you are psychic?

Since I was a little girl, I have been able to see, hear and talk to spirits. Does God and the church believe that this is a sin?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 11 months ago

I will put the short answer in the middle. Real short answer: "No", the god of the bible hates you

This is the long answer:

That is really cool. Many woman who are gifted are ashamed of it, don't understand it or generally deny it. While you could be a troll, I will assume you are not.

Generally no, you should not hand out with Christians. Yes, Christianity absolutely considers those who talk to spirits as evil and sinful: Deuteronomy 18:9-13

9When you enter the land the LORD your God is giving you, do not learn to imitate the detestable ways of the nations there. 10Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, 11or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. 12Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD; because of these same detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. 13You must be blameless before the LORD your God. (See number 11).

The bible genuinely calls psychics: Witches, sorcerers or other names and god considers their practices as detestable (even sinful or needing killed at times). If you are a woman it makes it much worse. The bible is very against the power/energy of feminism. The bible is a male dominated book, right? "God" is male. Christians are very against a woman embracing he emotions, intellect or sexuality. This is why mostly 98% of 'witches' killed were women.

If you are not a troll. You were selected to have these gifts. It is important to cut our ALL negative people & energy. It is important to learn about and love yourself. Most real psychics are Wiccan, Pantheist or generally pagan as these religions help embrace and grow: intellectual, sexual, emotional or spiritual energy not call you evil, bad or sinful. They do not challenge or judge you.

---Short answer---->NO, YOU CAN not be a true Christian and psychic especially a female. The god in the bible views this as a threat/direct challenge <--------- Christianity closes to other types of energy or experiences necessary for a psychic.

My name is Tony, not mike. If you get bored: listenforyou@protonmail.com. I am not psychic. But work with women here in the Midwest. Often you have more than one gift and it makes life more complicated. Negative people/energy often are drawn to you or hurt/exploit... good luck

I will put more verses at the bottom.

Leviticus 19:31

“Do not turn to mediums or necromancers; do not seek them out, and so make yourselves unclean by them: I am the Lord your God.

Leviticus 20:6 ESV /

“If a person turns to mediums and necromancers, whoring after them, I will set my face against that person and will cut him off from among his people.

Matthew 7:15 ESV /

“Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves.

Revelation 21:8 ESV /

But as for the cowardly, the faithless, the detestable, as for murderers, the sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulfur, which is the second death.”

Revelation 22:15 ESV

Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Brian
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

A GOOD psychic should be able to find that answer on her own.

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Nope.........................................

• User
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

I don't know

since

I have no reason to believe that actual psychics exist.

It's sort of like asking me if you can still be a Christian if you are a leprechaun.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Are you mixing the saint from being with the devil?

Whose side are you on? eh!

• 11 months ago

As Cognito has said, you aren't psychic but you have a good imagination.

You need to learn to separate your imagination from reality (oh, and get checked out because hearing voices and imagining you are speaking to spirits may be a sin of mental illness).

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

"Psychics" are hearing from either their imaginations, or even worse, from devils. Devils will pretend to be anything that will deceive you away from the Bible and into hell, while painfully destroying your life here and now. So get away from all "psychic" things. Also, the devils will not leave until you believe in Jesus for eternal life, and then ask Jesus to drive the devils away, and Jesus will drive them away.

Catholic and orthodox both lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire, because they both teach works for salvation (Galatians 1:6-9). So get away from both of them, and instead, just believe in the King James Bible, which is the Word of God and is 100% true.

Nobody can be good enough to avoid hell. The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

• Anonymous
    11 months ago

Definitely not. "Spirits" don't talk to people. The Holy Spirit does.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    11 months ago

No, you haven't.

You just have a very vivid imagination.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.