Ryan asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 months ago

How long should I cook a brisket in the crock pot?

I see a lot of recipes say to cook on low for 6-8 hours for 3 pounds but I am only cooking 1 pound.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

You may cover the slow cooker and cook the brisket on low heat for 6 to 8 hours, or on high heat for about 5 hours.

• Login to reply the answers
  • denise
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Try it for 2 hours, then check to see if its tender enough for you.

• 6 months ago

3-4 hours should do it.

• 6 months ago

You may be able to cook it for only 5 or 6 hours.

Long, slow cooking in moist heat is the classic way to prepare meats that are not basically tender.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Simmering, four hours max. If you're doing veggies in the pot too, remember they will cook at different rates. My point is that they all won't go into the pot at the same time.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Crock pot cooking times are not crucial. I would do it for the lesser time of 6 hours. I add a tin of tomatoes, a punnet of button mushrooms plus crushed garlic. Slice a large potato to stand the meat on.

When you remove the meat sprinkle in a heaped dessertspoon of cornflour or plain flour. This thickens the juice and you have some beef soup with mushrooms for later on. Store this in the fridge and microwave to reheat.

• Robert
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

It'll cook faster with less meat. I would consider cooking it with tough root vegetables to allow it to cook more slowly, but it's up to you. Roast with potatoes and carrots is my personal favorite.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.