J asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

Do I call 911 or the non emergency number if I told someone to leave my property and then I find out they came back.?

my friend stays on my property off and on. his girlfriend was here today and started a huge fight, yelling screaming, was asked several times to stop, kept yelling, came onto my porch and started banging on my door making my dogs go crazy and brake and wake my baby. I told her very directly and not nicely that she needed to leave now, she said her boyfriend needed to leave too, I said very firmly that this was my property and if she doesnt leave in 10 minutes Iam calling the police, and then I shut my door. My friend can be a bleeding heart and I made it very clear to him I did want want her on the property and if he wanted to let her sleep in his truck, he needed to leave too. and that she is not welcome anywhere on my property ever again and if I see her or her car on my property I would call the police. If i find her or her car parked on my property do I call 911 to report it, or the non emergency number?

if I just see the car, I would call non emergency number...only if she is acting aggressive would I call 911.

You call police.

• .

Yelling neighbors - non-emergency number.

Yelling neighbors with weapons - emergency number.

Use common sense.

• SimplytheFACTS
      1 month agoReport

depends on how intense the yelling is...

If I was you I would install a security camera as that would provide a recording of any incidents.

911 is for emergency. Its not an emergency so call direct on a non emergency number. But do so when you have video evidence. .

A good alternative is an in car dash camera set up to continue recording.

Park the car facing her so you get video and audio.

If someone is trespassing & has been told to leave, is harassing or threatening you, is creating a disturbance, you call 911.

You call the non-emergency number (which is the standard office number, and might not have a live operator 24/7, but office hours only), is for routine types of calls - general inquiries, the kinds of business matters many businesses handle.

• SimplytheFACTS
      1 month agoReport

no, all local PD have 24/7 non emergency number coverage, could be the same as 911 operator

Non emergency, unless they come back with weapons and/or threaten you. If shes just being obnoxious and thats it, call non emergency. The second she says she will hurt you or your home or if she appears intoxicated and is falling over on your property, call 911

• J6 months agoReport

oh no she left already, I am just making sure I know what to do if she comes back. she was making it a point to call/text my friend sobbing and screaming about she has no place to sleep and can she please sleep in his truck. So want to make sure I know the proper number to call if she comes back.