My father died in CA. he left a mobile home with no will. My mom left him 25 years ago. They never got a divorce. who gets title?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

If he died intestate the property will go into probate and the taxes the estate will owe will likely be nearly the value of the mobile home. But his wife would still be his legal next of kin regardless of having left him if they never formally divorced.

• 3 months ago

Lawyer up! Please don't think you'll receive totally sound legal advice from total strangers you know nothing about on this website.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

His wife if she is legally his wife, and that is how it appears.

• PAMELA
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Ask a lawyer,it could be his children will share the money left when the home is sold.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

For legal issues, I always recommend consulting an attorney, rather than leaving it up to lay persons. As far as I know, as a lay person, if they are still married, she will be his heir. But since there is no will, the "estate" will have to go through probate before anything is determined.

• kristy
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Who knows with California laws

• Frank
    Lv 5
    3 months ago

Don’t get your hopes up. On mobile homes not worth that much money. In fact it could be a liability. Typically if there was no finalize divorce, she is still married. She is now a widow. His estate test to go through probate. There should be a will, if your father had any sense at all. Typically a will will dictate where things go.

• 3 months ago

All his assets return to the Government unless you and/or your mother disputes it.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Your mother since they are not divorced.

• 3 months ago

Sounds like you do. Talk to a lawyer.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.