Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureMythology & Folklore · 6 months ago

am I psychic or crazy?

Seriously- if you don’t believe in psychics fine but then give me the medical reasons for what I’m experiencing.

I hear things. Not sentences, not conversations. It’s usually one word replies (yes, no, me, you, stop) and my name. Usually direct responses randomly when I ask questions out loud. Or my name will be called and wake me up from sleep. I hear them outside of myself only in my right ear. And not all the time. Realistically- 4 times a year max.

Crows cawing at me (usually only one and always from behind me, I turn around and its sitting somewhere staring at me cawing) ONLY before a death. This happened 3 time in my life.

I’ve had dreams of conversations with people I knew were deaden my dream and was able to wake up and verify they existed.

I’ve been feeling finger like strokes over my arms every night for a month now. I feel dizzy followed by a rush of air and fingers.

Okay all that leads up to what happened to me 3 weeks ago. I felt the head rush, my ears rang and I was dizzy. I said outloud “if you aren’t of the light, leave now” and went back to what I was doing (I’m used to it now) felt touches then I saw what looked like a thick cloud of smoke move from left to right of my bedroom. I got up to make food and I said out loud “I feel like someone’s trying to contact me” and very clearly I heard “Me” that’s when I freaked.

I found out that my mother tried to commit suicide that same night and a crow cawed at me a week ago.

What do you think?

Favorite Answer

I've got to go with neither. You're not crazy, but you're not psychic either. Well, you're no crazier than anyone else on the planet, but that still counts as not crazy. I know this because truly crazy people never question their sanity.

Most of the examples you listed can be blamed on dreaming, which is totally normal according to any medical or psychological textbook. Yes I know you've experienced some of them after waking up, but nobody ever said we only dream when we're 'fully' asleep. That's a common assumption, and it's a very incorrect one. Look up "hypnagogic sensation" in any book or search engine if you want, it's not like it's a secret or anything.

The vast majority of the other stuff can be blamed on random coincidence, which is a confirmed scientific thing. While I'm not an expert in animal psychology or telepathy (no really, I'm not), I am an expert in coincidence. I've seen it happen thousands of times, in fact.

As to whether or not you're suffering from some medical, psychological or emotional illness, I'll openly admit that I don't have the first damn clue. There are literally hundreds of medical conditions that can include mild hallucinations among their symptoms, from seasonal allergies to terminal cancers, and there are hundreds more psychological / emotional ailments that can do the same thing.

If you're truly worried that you might suffer from an illness, your best bet would be to see a professional healer.

These are hallucinations and symptoms of several disorders from schizophrenia, to epilepsy, to stroke, to a brain tumor. See a doctor.

I think that we hear psychic thoughts all the time, but they are just so far in the background and so unnoticeable.

I was watching a T.V. Show one night, and there was this man who said he had heard a voice in his head telling him to "leave the room or else something bad would happen. The things that he heard in his head saved his life.

It was either Dateline, or 20/20 I was watching it with my mom.

So yes I can confirm to you, that you are a psychic, but everyone else is too.

Everyone is psychic in that way, it's just hard to notice though

If this is how you feel and this what you believe you are experiencing I'd seriously consider going to a doctor and tell them.