Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 months ago

Guilty feelings, should I tell him?

My bf and i have been dating for over a year. Not even a full month into our relationship I made an insanely stupid mistake and my bff (a girl) and I went too far and ended up doing some stupid stuff. I told my bf about this and he didn’t care, not one bit, and I can tell when he’s lying about things not bothering him but he truly wasn’t bothered. But, a few times before that incident my bff and I did some (very slightly) stupid stuff, just because we were messing around because we’re very close friends and it was all a joke to us and it meant nothing, we were just being stupid teenage girls and had pure intentions. I think this is what led into the main situation, which my bf knows about. Should I tell him about those few times before? If it helps, I’m a teenage girl in high schoo, and my bf and I have a very happy and healthy relationship. Nothing ever happened again with anyone.

• mokrie
    Favorite Answer

Why bother? He already said he didn't care about the MAIN event. Let it go or he will think your obsessed with this and want the girl and not him. There are times you just let go of it.

Some things are better left unsaid. Live right now, not in the past.

Sometime you gotta learn to shut your mouth. This is one of those times

There will probably be a time where you should share this with him.

If he loves you he will WANT to understand your life and all the things that have happened within it. Both good and bad.

I have shared everything that happened to my wife and she has shared my past also.

It makes us what we are today.

So I have experienced a creep exposing himself to a young innocent girl. And an incident that was so bad I wouldn't write about it.

I am aware of the sort of problems that she had which never happened to me.

I have lived the horror of her dad who died slowly as a result of a car collision.

I know what boys did when she was learning and experimenting with the opposite sex.

So you have been with a girl. So what? Why is this a big deal?

You can't even be certain that nothing will ever happen again. It may not. But the future is a long time.

A good partner does not want to feel a wall of secrecy. And the other kind isn't worth very much.

I would tell him. The reason being that honesty is always the best policy. You don't want him to find out what happened in awkward circumstances and then be in a position where he doesn't trust you anymore - relationships are often hard to recover from that point. However, if you are honest with him then he is likely to be more understanding a forgive you, especially if he has made mistakes as well. I really hope this helps :)

Source(s): What were these stupid things that you did?