Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Why are people so intolerant of other's beliefs and non-beliefs?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

Since it is the believe that is why.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

what is needed is a public religious debate to reveal the "true nature of life" in religions. when there are thousands of beliefs then the winner in the debate will reveal a greater truth, and all of those others will forget and give-up their lesser beliefs.

then, without the confusion that many separate erroneous beliefs bring into one's mind, we can live with one pure truth.

this can be accomplished by a simple non-violent religious debate among all of the muslem religions, all of the christian religions, and others. then, the single great truth of life can eventually be understood.

nichiren daishonin reveals this single great 'truth" as "nam-myoho-renge-kyo".

the more that one chants this highest meditation, the more enlightened they will become. only a true religion will bring "peace" to this country.

• JASON
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Because everyone thinks they're right. I know I am.

• Nous
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

All DECENT people are appalled at the terrible intolerance, hatred, bigotry, homophobia and persecution posted by Christians towards others!

No other religion is so hateful towards others!

So try and find a Christian post about a loving god on here! Almost certainly impossible!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try another - try and find a Christian post that is not intolerant, hateful, bigoted, homophobic or persecuting! Again, probably impossible!

• blue sky
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

You are not real'..you go on about Christians and ignore the bombings killings of innocent people done by MUSLIMS

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jake
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Catholicism is the One True Faith and a person can know this with certainty by reciting the rosary each day with care.

• 6 months ago

human beings are just intolerant of things that they are not used to seeing.

its a biological primal mechanism of seeing something unknown as a threat.

your environment and social conditioning can influence how strong this mechanism is. If you were raised with a lot of fear, insularity, bigotry, closed-off towards the world, dogmatic tradition, tribalism, you are more likely to be intolerant of many things that you are not used to and the fear based primal mechanism gets more activated when you see things that you don't know.

yet if you were raised in an environment with more nurture, openness, less fear mongering, less insularity and tribalism the negative feelings of intolerance is usually less of a trigger when you see things that you are not used to seeing

probably inherited from our primitive ancestors.

btw, intolerance is something that all humans have regardless of culture, ethnicity, gender etc.

the way it gets triggered and manifested depends heavily on brain mechanisms and how one was raised through certain environments

Source(s): the reason why so many evangelicals, orthodox religious extremists, and fundamentalists sects are the way they are is because their beliefs and uprbringing taught them to be closed-minded and fearful of the world that includes evangelical and fundamentalist christians, islamic radical fundamental extremists, extreme orthodox jewish communities, fascism, extreme nationalists, totalitarian authoritarianism
  • 6 months ago

they are far more intolerant to evangelism

• When a person holds a belief, but realizes they cannot prove it and does not claim it as objective fact, I have no problem with that.

It is when a person claims a belief as fact that I feel ethically obligated to point out that they cannot possibly support their belief and as such it is not factual.

Worse, when they attempt to promote lies, misinformation, legends, and myths as objective truth, then I am morally bound to expose their lies. When they attempt to use those lies to influence law and policy, or to force them into schools, then I will staunchly oppose it at every turn.

Attachment image
  • 6 months ago

Non-beliefs have no effect on public policy and laws, ridiculous religious beliefs do, throughout the world.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.