promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous

Should I include in my resume that I will obtain a BLS certification?

I came across this receptionist position that requires to have a current Basic Life Support certification which I do not have. I saw the job was posted several days ago and I really fear the posting might close any time soon. I have just registered with AHA to get it. Should I wait until I'm finish and then apply or include in my resume that I am "currently in the process of obtaining it at XYZ place?"

Update:

Its a physical therapy aide/ receptionist position. My apologies, I forgot to include it in.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

That is something you put in your cover letter. AFTER you pass it can go on your resume (if beneficial).

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

apply and write u re currently in the process of obtaining of course

• Judy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Don't put it in your resume, but go ahead and apply now. If you get an interview, tell them then.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Sure, it will flag that you don't meet the qualifications and they can move onto the next resume.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

You don't include that info on your resume, you write a cover letter stating you have enrolled in the BLS certification class.

• 9 months ago

This pretty rare that a receptionist position would require BLS as part of the requirements before hire.

If the company wants the receptionist to have this skill, it seems like something that they would pay for following hire.

Honestly, I don't think it's a credential that you need to address on your resume. And I wouldn't spend the money getting certified unless you want to for other reasons. If you do include on your resume "expected September 2019".

- If it's not something that you are interested in doing at this time except for this job, specify in the cover letter that you are able to become BLS certified and can have this completed prior to starting the work.

- Again, I do not think many of the other candidates will already have this certification.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.