promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Starting my own accounting firm?

I am beginning college soon and I need to know all the courses that I should take how to go about taking them and what should I do after getting my education to begin my own accounting firm

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You will be given materials on all the classes and electives that are required for you to graduate with an accounting degree.

- your academic advisor will help you schedule this classes, throughout your academic career.

Most accountants don't have a CPA. You can get one if you would like, or not.

When you graduate you should work in a small accounting firm or with the big 4 for 3-5 years before opening your own firm. Maybe you will get lucky and be able to become a partner in an existing firm.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

lol. The college specifies the courses you need to complete to get your degree (or major) in accounting; but you will not have enough experience to open an accounting firm and solve people's problems. If by "accounting firm" you mean be CPA firm you need to work for other CPA's, pass the exam, and keep up with continuing education classes.

Source(s): Te facts of life - from an accountant
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Get a master's degree in accounting, get your CPA, and work for at least 3 years in an established accounting firm.

• 9 months ago

If you are going to a regular college / university, they have the syllabus that you must follow. Once you are done, you should work hard to get your CPA, unless you want to work as a low-level bookkeeper, or hire a CPA to sign all the required forms.

It will be very difficult to open your own firm right out of school, as you will have ZERO experience and ZERO clients. Best to work for a CPA firm for a few years to get the experience you need.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

Save up & few hundred grand after you get your CPA.

smh

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Talk to the school career academics advisor.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.