Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 12 months ago

If you trust jesus, why dont you wear a blindfold next time you drive?

I mean hey, at least youll go to heaven if you die, right?

"Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.", Mt. 4:7, Dt. 6:16.

Deuteronomy 6:16 (RSVA) "You shall not put the LORD your God to the test..."

Because it is written thou shall not tempt the Lord thy God. Thanks for the question.

Good idea. I will think about it. Your right I should just place a Bible and a cross in the Passenger seat and Jesus will guide me. This is brilliant 😂 now we know a way blind people can drive. I mean why didn't car manufacturers think about this. I will have to test this on some back roads sometime. Thanks

Source(s): exposingchristianity.com

"The devil led Him to Jerusalem and had Him stand on the highest point of the temple. “If you are the Son of God,” he said, “throw yourself down from here. 10 For it is written: “ ‘He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully; 11 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.’ ” 12 Jesus answered, “It is said: ‘Do not put the Lord your God to the test.’"

Source(s): Luke chapter 4
  • Paul

Trusting someone who knows all things and desires only my eternal happiness and fulfillment doesn't mean abandoning common sense.

Jesus never suggested that people should be stupid, you know. If he wanted people to be stupid, why did he spend so much time teaching them?

I'll never die. The kingdom of heaven is within you.

God does not condone suicide, you're asking people to kill themselves expecting God to save them at the last minute.

I guess no theist have enough faith... <Laughs>

"FAITH. No one word personifies the absolute worst and most wicked properties of religion better than that. Faith is mind-rot. It’s the poison that destroys critical thinking, undermines evidence, and leads people into lives dedicated to absurdity. It’s a parasite regarded as a virtue." -- PZ Myers