Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 9 months ago

Why was my aunt so painfully, brutally blunt with me about my weight? Do you guys agree with her (brutally honest answers)?

My aunt was very painfully honest with me unapologetically four weeks ago. I excitedly been telling people that I've been working out but my aunt hit me with brutal honesty saying that the problem is that she can tell I'm not losing weight because I'm being inconsiderate and lazy about the foods I eat. She said I don't give a **** about my body and I only care about putting **** in my mouth instead of trying healthier foods. She told me I need to start caring about my body more because I don't give **** about myself and only stuffing junk in my mouth and reminded me about the talk we had about diabetes. She said it right in front of my cousins. She didn't care. I was embarrassed and hurt.

That wasn't what I wanted to hear. She always tells it like it is. She didn't care that my feelings were hurt. She said, "You don't care about your body and health, so why should I care about your feelings? If you can't handle being called out and getting brutal honesty from your family, then you're not ready for the world that doesn't give a damn about your feelings. You're an adult, not a child so I will not sugarcoat things to you.

Then she said, "Do you wanna end up like your uncle that died of diabetes?! He lost both of his legs! You don't give a ******* damn about yourself!" I started crying hard. She didn't care. She just let me suffer. Nobody came to hug me. My cousin says she is right and I'm going to hear stuff I don't wanna hear and and uncomfortable once in a while. I ran into my room and cried after she and everyone left. Now I'm 287lbs. My aunt is going to be PISSED and my doctor will too.

Sometimes my aunt is too outspoken. She tells it like it is without worrying about hurting people's feelings. She wasn't mean about it. I wish my daddy would have been there to back me up. He's brutally honest too. I only wanna hear positive stuff about me.

• Molly
    Favorite Answer

That seems incredibly rude and could just be because she's that kind of person. If you've had a good relationship though, she might be worried about you? It's hard to tell with such limited information.

• audrey

She's a b*tch. Avoid her like the plague.

Was what she said true?

If so then you need to start listening and acting on what she said.

If not then what she said doesn't matter.

• Tarkarri

Having read your additional information , I agree with your aunt. You need a wake up call. You may not want to hear what she said but it was one of the most loving things she could have said.

Yes. I agree with her. If you refuse to change then someone needs to light a fire under your *** to get you moving. Take responsibility for your life and fix the problem. If you are fat, lazy and eat a bunch of crap then decide now to change and make a commitment. I used to be 266 pounds and had my feelings hurt by a girl and decided to lose weight after she commented on my weight. I lost over 80 pounds and have been slim ever since. In the long run you need to use those harsh words for motivation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXo1EgoQu9E

Youtube thumbnail

It seems like she's trying to teach you tough love. FYI some people will think these things about you but not say it.