Why haven't Adam Sandler and Jim Carrey appeared in ANYTHING together?

Two of the biggest names in comedy, yet they have never shared the screen once. Is there some kind of grudge?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Jim going to be in live Sonic movie

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    11 months ago

Comedians don't typically work together in films (because 1 is the star). I can barely think of any who have, this isn't unique.

• ...Show all comments
    • Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

Bill Murray and Chevy Chase hated each other's guts. When they made "Caddyshack," it was impossible for them to be in the same scene. Drama is no better. Paul Newman and Steve McQueen starred in "The Towering Inferno," and their egos were bigger than the building.

• 11 months ago

They're both basically one-note solo acts. I don't particularly find either of them funny. A movie with them together would be terrible.

But Sandler in particular produces alot of his own stuff. He turned his early hits into his own production company.

• The Lord Humungus.
      Lv 7
      11 months agoReport

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind alone says this isn't true.

• 11 months ago

Their movies are about THEM. I don't think either Sandler or Carey would work well in an ensemble cast or in a secondary role or with a partner. Their moves are built around them.

I'm thinking about the movies Gene Wilder and Richard Pryor made together back in the 70s. The scripts had big gaps in them where the guys could just go into an improvisation. They worked really well together in improvisation! Their stuff hasn't aged very well but in the 70s it was really funny! It's hard to imagine Adam Sandler and Jim Carey doing that. They're both really good on their own, though.

• William11 months agoReport

Good points. However, Sandler was in Grown Ups, which consisted of an all-star ensemble cast, though he did lead the pack.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.