Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 10 months ago

What do you expect to happen as a result of the ongoing trade-war between the United States and China?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Empty shelves at Walmart. Me going without cause I can't afford to shop anywhere else.😡

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 10 months ago

china will modify their trade policies

or they will just wait and hope a democrats wins the election next year and then China gets everything they want

everyone has known for years that the trade policies needed to be changed, just no one wanted to go thru the economic pain it would take to force the change

trump decided the economy was doing good enough right now that this was the best time to force the change

• 10 months ago

I except to be paying higher prices for everything...........a coming recession.......a hard hit to the stock market........while Trump looks around for people to blame.

A guy that tried to sell steaks thru an electronics store is now trying to pretend he knows what he's doing messing with the world economy.

• Bill-M
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Walmart will have to close. HP will have to find somewhere else to build it's computers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

China is in a position where it can not only weather a trade war with the United States without much hardship, but inflict far more damage to the American economy than the United States can towards its own. No matter how you play it, this is a war the United States lost from the moment it was declared. Ultimately, I believe that the trade war will significantly weaken the United States' economy and expedite its decline as a world power, and that it will likely trigger a recession within the next year or so, hurting Americans for years to come, just as the last recession has. At this point, even if the trade war was called off tomorrow, I have no doubt that the results will be disastrous for the United States while strengthening China significantly over both the near and long term. It was never a war the United States could win.

• Kaz
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

Hoping for a better deal. It's been inequitable for a long time, and needs to be beneficial to the United States too.

• 10 months ago

I expect a recession- I have ever since Trump took office.

• sam
    Lv 6
    10 months ago

America will lose. Trump has a history of failed businesses.

• ...Show all comments
    • Weasel McWeasel
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

He's had 4 bankruptcies........way more FAILED business ventures. Trump steaks failed, Trump Vodka failed, Trump Mortgage failed, Trump Airline failed, Trump University failed. Trump Ice failed. Not all his failed ideas caused a bankrupcty.

• 10 months ago

Hopefully the US will level the playing field and not continue accepting the short end of the stick.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.