Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

Does someone saying "I want to spend the rest of my life with you" MEAN THEY HAVE A CRUSH ON YOU?? URGENT?

said between two same sex friends who say they're straight. Thoughts? Does it mean romantic?

• LP7
    Favorite Answer

It's a well worn saying and I think is it only meant in jest.i.e.rhetoric not serious.

I suppose you know you are straight and you assume your friend is straight too. If so, he wants to remain friends forever just as he said.

If, however, you suspect he's gay and testing the water with you, you could deflect it by saying that 'I'm sure when we both have wives and kids, we'll still be friends' - or you could ask him outright and say 'Wow, you haven't got a crush on me have you?' That'll bring him up short. He'll have to laugh and deny it or come clean and tell you he loves you. So, think about how you are going to handle that before you ask the question. How are you going to let him down gently (if you like him that is). You just have to be nice but firm. 'Sorry, you are a fantastic best friend forever - but I couldn't fancy you poached because you aren't a girl.'

• tony

means they is infatuated ...with u..he probably will propose eventually if he wants to spend the rest of his life with you... just make sure not to rush into anything...You are my life, my heart, my soul. Because of you in my world, in my arms, I have everything, and I can't imagine what I'd do without you." I promise you that I will spend the rest of my life devoted to making you happy, committed to the eternal joy we will find together. I love you and I need you. You complete me.