What age were you when you decided that traveling and vacations were no longer worth the money and effort involved?

• Judee
    Favorite Answer

I have always thought like that. I am happy to stay at home and do my own thing when holiday times come around. I have a circle of friends I can see, I have close family I can visit or invite here. I don't need holidays but do, occasionally, like to go on a day trip. I still love returning to sleep in my own bed though and eat the food I know I will enjoy.

I'm over 70 and have not decided that yet. I just customize my trips to my personal taste and interests.

• Jojo

I have NEVER liked travelling OR going on holiday.

I just love being at home and have felt this way since I was in my early 30`s and am now in my early 70`s.

• Judee

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who feels that way Jojo. I'm now in the upper half of my 70s and have always been like this. Holiday preparations are a huge hassle and a huge expense also.

At 83 yo I haven't reached that age. My last trip was to Cairns Australia just this past May. Going to San Diego this coming December. May go to Buenos Aires in 2020 and take a side trip up to the falls and over to Uruguay for a day.

Traveling first class as I can't take the money with me when I die. And first class is way more pleasant than coach. Which is one reason why I'm still traveling.

• Not

16 but I kept going with my family trips until I was 18. When you can relax at home, you don't need to go anywhere.