Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareOther - General Health Care · 6 months ago

How much gasoline fumes are safe to inhale?

Today we put our lawn mower in the garage with motor oil in it obviously. The whole garage smells like a gas station, and even still from upstairs I can smell it (not nearly as bad but the smell is present.)

I’m wondering how much gasoline fumes are safe to inhale, I remember reading somewhere a very long time ago that about half a gram of gasoline will get evaporated per day from a gallon, but this smells like its way, way more than that.

About how much gasoline fumes we could be exposed to right now and how much is a “safe” amount?

You'd better be MORE concerned about excessive fumes in your garage and home, as they can cause an explosion.

Your describing the very need for a shed to put the mower in. That smell is somewhat flammable.

• Molly

The amount you're exposed to right now is probably not a threat to your health. But strong smells of any kind can cause migraines after a while, so try to ventilate the room you're in a bit.