Fasting gone wrong?

So I tried fasting because I've heard it's good for the body every once in a while. I was pretty hungry but got over to sleep ok, until 4am, when I woke up shaking, with a tingling/prickling sensation all over my body and hot flashes. I'm only 20 so I know it's not menopause. I managed to sleep on... show more So I tried fasting because I've heard it's good for the body every once in a while. I was pretty hungry but got over to sleep ok, until 4am, when I woke up shaking, with a tingling/prickling sensation all over my body and hot flashes. I'm only 20 so I know it's not menopause. I managed to sleep on and off for another few hours. When I finally got up, I barely had any energy to get down stairs and eat something. Even after I had some bread and cereal I was still shaking and weak, the weakness didn't go away for a few hours. Thankfully the hot flashes and the tingling/prickling went away when I ate. Should I go to the doctor about this? I have never heard of this reaction before and I couldn't find anything like this on the internet
2 answers 2