Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

Why is Google like a monopoly running the internet?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because the last several presidents, of both parties, have believed it was more important to deregulate--to remove regulations and refuse to enforce existing ones. The Gilded Age of the late 19th century was based on 'trusts', i.e. monopolies that could control markets. This stopped under Teddy Roosevelt, the 'trust-buster'. But now we're heading towards another one. Monopolies or oligopolies just make it a lot easier for the govt. to concentrate wealth.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Katz22
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

A lot of people use Google but there are other search engines that are available.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

What monopoly?

I hardly use Google. I'd rather use Yahoo or Duckduckgo for searching. I rarely do Facebook or any social sites. Most sites I go to aren't related to Google at all. Maybe you've been "conned". Now that you realize it, was it worth going to those Google sites all the time?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The people that work there need their big paychecks to continue.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

You could always use Yahoo! Search!

• 6 months ago

If it weren't for Google, you wouldn't be using the internet. Liberals occupy a lot of news outlets and run most tech companies because we're smarter. We choose not to make 20 bucks an hour taking out trash or plumbing toilets.

• 6 months ago

If you don't like google and the sites they own then don't use them. Nobody is forcing you.

• 6 months ago

Google NEEDS to be, broken up!

How about the break-up of Bell-Telephone because it was deemed a monopoly?

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Because our "government" is like a cheerleader for businesses, and nobody can stop Google.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.