My friend was charged with threat of mass violence, second-degree assault and malicious destruction of property. Will he do jail time?

My friend was charged with second degree assault for assaulting his supervisor. He was also charged with threat of mass violence for telling everyone at work that he was going to come back and kill them, and he was charged with malicious destruction of property. I believe this is his first offense. He was charged... show more My friend was charged with second degree assault for assaulting his supervisor. He was also charged with threat of mass violence for telling everyone at work that he was going to come back and kill them, and he was charged with malicious destruction of property. I believe this is his first offense. He was charged in the state of Maryland and has no bail. Do you think he will get any jail time?