Will manufacturers ever get rid of Halogen lights?

I was in my friends 2018 Civic EX and it was nice cause he had LED Daytime running lights. Then once sunset hit he put on the headlights and the LED's turned into halogens, I went out and looked at it and the LED's are on but are out shun by the halogens.

He said he had to upgrade to the Touring for another $4000. I prefer it being LED or HID with less glare and more visibility in my opinion

Favorite Answer

Who knows? Halogens are the cheapest and are very reliable. LED doesn't have the sheer power and they get dimmer in very cold weather. HID is more expensive but lasts longer. There are advantages and disadvantages to all of them. I miss the acetylene lamps that my American Underslung had. That was a great car, a ride like velvet wheels an a silk road.

• Jake

Yeah and the halogens were the originals. I SEE a lot of them on the road

Some new idea things on cars aren't really better. LED and HID headlight assemblies take a simple thing and turn it into very expensive problems. Plastic headlight covers look hideous with age. Glass never did that. Air pressure sensors in wheels are just ludicrous.