How shocked are you about Andrew Luck’s retirement?

Not too much, Nick, once I heard his reasons. They make sense and good luck to him.

Surprised, yeah... but Gronk's also surprised me.

I mean there are a lot of players that keep player injury after injury, but they end up being considered as past their prime so I can see why Luck did it, but there are other reasons why it was kinda shocking...

Usually it's right after the end of a season instead of at the beginning of one... and for his whole team to be hush-hush about it for two weeks is novel.

My mom couldn't keep a secret if her life depended on it (as it were).

If she watches a movie she has seen already, with friends, she'll blurt out a spoiler RIGHT before the scene happens.

The guy is rich and famous. But he's a mess physically and in a lot of pain. He needs to take care of himself. The NFL sure won't.

• Layne

I don't know who he and what he does? Sports star?

I'm surprised more athletes don't retire early, with the ridiculous amounts of money they get paid---I guess greed takes control---

Never heard of him so not really shocked.

Very little the money he needs for a decent lifestyle he already has.Being injured all the time can't be fun.

• Bob

I was very surprised

• Kyle

surprised at the timing of the announcement. didn't like Schefter breaking the news, but that's his job. then his makeshift press conference in street clothes was just uncomfortable. and obviously the people in the stands booing him as he walked off the field didn't help.

i guess looking back on it, i'm not surprised he did retire. with all of his injuries he had to dealt with, saying he's still in pain when in the press conference, but just the timing of everything is bad. when he had to deliver it, how he did it, how the news broke, the people in the stands reactions, everything. not a way to go out in life at all.

i wish him well.

• Lv 7

that's cause some dumbass leaked the news,

He would have a better career if he wasn't injury prone.