Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 8 months ago

I just need help finding specific examples from book There There by Tommy Orange with book number.?

In the book there there Dene Oxendene says "when you hear stories from people like you, you feel less alone. when you feel less alone, and like you have a community of people behind you, alongside you, I believe you can live a better life" reflect upon the importance of community and representation, clearly using examples from the book.

• Andrew

You don't need "help." You're looking for someone to do your homework for you. What good would my interpretation do you unless you mean to appropriate it and pass it off as your own work? It's obvious that's what you're hoping to do. If this is due tomorrow you had better get cracking.

I'm not here to do you homework and since I read the book some months ago from the library and I don't have it in front of me I can't look up page numbers but some examples that immediately come to mind are:

The chapter about the Alcatraz occupation shows several subsets of community that intertwine later in the book.

Orvil Red Feather looking for his community on the internet and his inability to see that community reflected in the mirror until he actually goes to a powwow.

The alcoholic sub community in the native community as reflected in Tony, his mom, Octaivo and Jacquie.

The community of a native population in the big city of Oakland.

And the thread of the group of characters who plan to rob the powwow to get a better life from a stealing from the larger native community they are part of.

I really like the book. Hope this helps.