Is wanting to be financially secure for the future or even rich against Biblical teaching?

I think the Bible says it is hard for a rich man to enter the Kingdom Of God. But it also says that faith without works is dead meaning you can't just pray for help you have to help yourself as well. It also says anything is possible with God by your side so maybe if you pray God can bless you with a gift that... show more I think the Bible says it is hard for a rich man to enter the Kingdom Of God. But it also says that faith without works is dead meaning you can't just pray for help you have to help yourself as well. It also says anything is possible with God by your side so maybe if you pray God can bless you with a gift that will keep you safe and secure.

I am having trouble understanding whether my desire for earthly riches or more so just being able to survive in this world is bad or good.