How do i make leftovers taste amazing?

i like to cook but i don't like the taste of my food after the first day, it doesn't taste as good to me. it taste very medicore. I made some gumbo and it was good the first day but after i refrigerated it and made it the second day it was lack luster and tasted sort of gummy. same with things like chicken... show more i like to cook but i don't like the taste of my food after the first day, it doesn't taste as good to me. it taste very medicore. I made some gumbo and it was good the first day but after i refrigerated it and made it the second day it was lack luster and tasted sort of gummy.
same with things like chicken alfredo they don't taste right the second day. only things that make good leftovers are things like lasgana and macorini and cheese but im the type of person that likes to switch up my menu, i can't eat lasagna and mac and cheese everyday of my life.
so i tend to cook one day and just get rstaurant food the next day because it doesn't taste appetizing or fresh after the first day. any advice or pointers