Is this ticket worth fighting (I need a second opinion)?

So my mother and I went to a DMV, where I had to take care of business. What happened was when I head inside, I had to use the restroom, so my mother paid for the ticket for proof that I paid the meter. She has proof in her card history AND the receipt the machine printed to her (With the date and time) proves I... show more So my mother and I went to a DMV, where I had to take care of business. What happened was when I head inside, I had to use the restroom, so my mother paid for the ticket for proof that I paid the meter. She has proof in her card history AND the receipt the machine printed to her (With the date and time) proves I was parked LEGALLY, but the receipt put a random 4-text character as my license plate but the weird thing is my mom said she was never asked to put a license plate number in so I asked how did the receipt gave a random four digit text as my plate? I’m guessing it’s a malfunction in the machine. However, the officer said I got a ticket for “expired meter” and pointed that the license plate on receipt was wrong. I refuse to pay the ticket. When I arrived at the car post DMV, I saw a ticket on my windshield. My mother reported that the machine wasn’t working properly and some hot dog-stand guy who works near the machine tells me people on a daily basis complain that the machine is malfunctioning. For some strange reason, the ticket printed a random 4-digit word and number as my plate, I'm guessing due to technical difficulties. The officer who ticketed me said he gave me the ticket for the wrong license plate on the receipt but my mother told me she saw him seeing her pay the ticket and I have evidence that the meter didn't expire. At the end I got angry and told the officer “ok smartaśś we’ll see you in court.”

Can he use that against my case?
1 answer 1