Salem asked in Business & FinanceInvesting · 6 months ago

Is this the final blow to the stock market or is there still more to come next year till it finally plunges?

The dow as I write this now is down 600 points ans from analyst. They its China responding back to the Trump tariffs.

Stock market moves in the direction where people usually expect where the economy is going but over time it should grow. When there blood in the streets you will know

When it 'finally' plunges, it will 'finally' go back up, too. That is what thre market does, has always done, always will do. If you have this narrow a view of how markets work to even be mentioning a 4-day period, stay out of the market until you study and understand it better.

I've never pulled out of the market. I rode the ups and downs of 1987 and 2000 and 2007-2009 and the last year or so.

Retail is surprisingly crushing it, the consumer is incredibly strong atm. Although that often is a sign of late innings in the cycle. But inflation is usually the culprit in derailing a strong economy, and that is still muted despite wages starting to increase.

• Sam

Final blow? lol. You do realize we are near the record highs right? I wish it would pullback some.

when trump is finally removed early next year , I see the DOW bottoming around 17 - 18,000 .

• Joe

Recent history suggests that much of Friday's loss will be made back on Monday. Traders are now expecting that Trump will walk back the increase in the planned tariff hike (which he already delayed).