What are tips for a freshman entering high school?

Hello Everyone! I start my first day of high school in 2 weeks, and im wondering what are some tips to survive the first day and basically the whole year.

some things that i would like to note

I know where some of my classes are, im not completely oblivious as to where they are.

The kids that go to my school are assholes from what i've been told.

i do in fact have some friends from elementary who are going to my school!

Get good grades And staying out of trouble...

First Relax. Note All the other Freshmans are probably feeling the same thing.

• donnie

Its basically be prepared for anything. People and maybe including you will change dramatically. Maybe not immediately but trust me. Once you get used to High School unless you live in a bad area it is not too bad. Trust me if you have a lot of friends there will be some that change and looking back it is like you don't even know them anymore. There are annoying kids who will get on your nerves. The work is also harder.

• Andrew9 months agoReport

i do live in chicago which really isn't the greatest of all places to live lol. i think i'll be alright as long as i hang out with the right people.

• ?

Don't prejudge everyone without having met them; some of these people may in fact be worthless, but then again, you may actually make some good friends. Have an open mind, but don't be a push over.

Good luck!

i would just try to do a good job with your grades

The first day of high school is pretty easy going, though expect some homework due the next day. Just keep a planner, I 100% would not have made it through all my classes if not for my planner. High school wasn't as terrible as everyone cracked it up to be, so don't go into your first day with an "oh this is going to be tough" mindset. Trust me, it will not be the hardest thing you'll go through in life. Also branch out; try to talk to other kids you normally wouldn't talk to if you want, that way you find your 'group', the people you're most comfortable with. Other freshmen like yourself are all worried about the same things you're worried about, so just know you're not the only one feeling the way you are. Honestly, my high school experience wasn't that spectacular, I don't really have any fond memories of the place, and I especially don't have a single negative memory. But believe me, great memories will come in college.