Anonymous

I have been babysitting for almost 3 years and my resume has a gap in it?

My last "real" job was 3 years ago. Since then I've been babysitting for family members, like a live-in nanny. They have a busy schedule with their career and it's something we all agreed on. Plus I love being their nanny rather than some stranger. The thing is I'm worried this gap in my work history will look bad on a resume. I'm getting paid under the table so I won't put it down. What do I do in the future when I need to get another job?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • August
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

Don't show any gaps,just let everything overlap

• 4 months ago

Everybody has gaps. Just have a good and positive response if / when asked. [ "I learned a great deal about dealing with people as a nanny !" ]

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

Put it on your resume. The potential employer won't care that you were paid illegally

• Stoo
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

That's still a job. No one cares if it's above the table or not. That's what you were doing so put it down, more as live-in nanny vs. "babysitting" which sounds like you're 12.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 months ago

You can put it on your resume, even if you were paid under the table. Just don't send your resume to the IRS.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

I would list the "nanny" job just like any other.

A potential employer isn't going to know, or likely to find out, that you were being paid "under the table".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.