Would you rather work a job you loved and is in line with your career goals for $12k per year or take a job not related to your goals but?

Still is in your field for $40k per year?

If you needed things like dental work and a new car etc. and live completely independently

I am trying to decide being a natural historian at a park (my dream job) or working in a lab (which I hate). But I need glasses and a lot of dental work and so many little things.

Take your dream job. You will be happier and keep it longer. Or maybe work in the lab 2 years, then go to your dream job. Good luck.

• Judy

The 12K job is apparently just part time. How about working another pt job with it?

• df6 months agoReport

It’s americorps so less than min wage. And I could.

• Stoo

$12K a year is not a full time job, not a legal one anyway. And it's not enough to live on, pretty much anywhere.

• df6 months agoReport

It’s americorps so like paid volunteering

• Kyle

if you need to live completely independent, you won't survive on $12,000 per year.

No one here will be financially stable with $12k per year.