Child support and state assistance?

My husband has 1 biological child and 1 non biological child with his ex. For 10 years they have coparented outside of court. My husband has been paying the children's mother $500/month via bank transfer. The childs mother is also on state assistance. She receives food benefits, etc. My question is recently we... show more My husband has 1 biological child and 1 non biological child with his ex. For 10 years they have coparented outside of court. My husband has been paying the children's mother $500/month via bank transfer. The childs mother is also on state assistance. She receives food benefits, etc. My question is recently we have gone to court and settled visitation and support through court so her support will now be paid through the state. I am wondering if by chance all the years prior that my husband has been paying her before court, if she did not report the amount to the state to receive more benefits, would she get in trouble for not reporting that income and also now that she is being paid child support directly from the state, would her benefits be lowered? I am getting conflicting answers from people and i am curious how this works? We just went to mediation and settled so it is very fresh, just curious. Thank you!
6 answers 6