What are common reasons why an old friend doesn't want to reconnect with you, speak to you again? someone you lost touch with, etc.?

I know it happens a lot for people, in which friendships drift apart, grow apart from each other with age, the friendship fizzles out, they lose touch.

Let's say one of these people, attempts to reach out to one of their old friends they haven't spoken to in many years, but yet their old friend refuses to speak to them, doesn't want to reconnect with that person.

What are common reasons why someone doesn't want to reconnect with an old friend? is it normally because they now hold a grudge towards that person or have something against them?

• Foofa

They may be holding a grudge against a particular person or perhaps they just choose to try to forget about a certain time in their life. If someone struggled with a certain school or workplace they may wish to distance themselves from anyone they met through that endeavor (to avoid the memories).

• OCDSportsGuy

its often said people change as they age, I like to feel my former friend, he changed a lot after his Dad passed away, especially since his Dad passed away when he was still in high school.

• Logan

They could have just moved on with their life. They could have forgotten you. If you ended on a bad note they may just not want to bother.

Not every one is as sensitive as you. I felt so bad initially, I didn't give up. I wanted my friend back at any cost. No matter what. But there is a slight boundary between ego and dignity called self respect and you must respect your self respect.

Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that people don't need you anymore in their life.

Their work is done, maybe they are just bored of you. Accept their decision and move on.

• OCDSportsGuy

well that's too bad, unfortuneate, the person who is being rejected in that situation, for them, I imagine it feels like, he/she won't get any closure until their former friend gives them an honest answer as to why they want nothing to do with them again

• Rick

YOUR perceptions of 'the good old days' could be totally different then his .....................

• Fabio

Pray the Holy Rosary.

Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Found someone else