Does my house have bad wiring? or something else?

I just moved into a new place. I have surge protectors for my TV's and computers. When i plugged them in, the surge protector faulted. It said the outlet was not properly grounded. I checked every outlet in the house, it seems to only be a problem in two rooms. Both of these rooms are right next to each other.... show more I just moved into a new place. I have surge protectors for my TV's and computers. When i plugged them in, the surge protector faulted. It said the outlet was not properly grounded. I checked every outlet in the house, it seems to only be a problem in two rooms. Both of these rooms are right next to each other. The rest of the house is fine. The biggest concern is when i plugged my Computer's power strip in, Suddenly all those other outlets had a ground signal. The power strip itself didn't. But everything downstream from it did, And when i unplugged it, the ground circuit becomes open again. I removed the cover from every outlet. Every outlet looks normal, All ground wires seem secure. All hot and neutral wires look correct. I also checked for proper ground at the breaker itself. It seems fine. I'm stumped. Have you ever seen this before? What could the problem be?
8 answers 8