Merce asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 6 months ago

An ‘alarming’ issue!?

Hey guys,

Ive been having some issue with my room mate regarding my morning alarm.

Background: I leave for work really early so I have to wake up around 04:00 in the morning. My room mate has a night shift from 20:00 to 03:00 in the morning. He comes back around the time I have to get up each day.

Issue: My issue is that I know he’a tired when he gets back after work when I’m getting up so I reduced the level of volume on my iPhone alarm down to 3 bars so that it doesnt bother him but he proved me wrong as he complained about the alarm being too loud today. Since I like him as a person, I plan on reducing the alarm furthur down to two bars tonight, but Im wondering if there is a better solution to this problem as I dont wanna have to fight with my room mate over some stupid ass alarm issue.

• Foofa
    Favorite Answer

Sounds like you two could use some soundproofing. If you're renting and can't do anything permanent consider hanging some temporary baffles on the wall that separates your rooms. Even heavy tapestries would help dampen the sound of your alarm in the early morn.

ask him what he thinks you should do.

• Logan

Yes, tell your roommate to get over it. You have to get up at 4. If you turn it down you may miss your alarm. It's a few seconds of round noise and they can roll over and go back to sleep.