I choked out a girl in my bjj class, does that make me look bad to others?

I'm a brand new white belt, and I was rolling with another beginner in class the other day. I was able to get her in a rear naked choke and was slowly applying pressure. She was fighting it, but I knew it was sunk in deep and I was just trying to apply enough pressure to make her tap. Well, her arms went limp... show more I'm a brand new white belt, and I was rolling with another beginner in class the other day. I was able to get her in a rear naked choke and was slowly applying pressure. She was fighting it, but I knew it was sunk in deep and I was just trying to apply enough pressure to make her tap. Well, her arms went limp and I let go immediately. She was cool about it, but I got a few dirty looks and roughed up by some of the other higher belts later on in practice. She shook my hand after practice and told me "good roll, see you on Monday." Will I be looked at as a mat bully or an a hole? Or is it just something that happens?