Does anyone know how to reset the back windshield wiper arm?

The other day, long story short, one of my windshield wipers broke off and landed in my roof. Dealership guy said he has seen this a few times already this month. Person goes by and purposely breaks...?! Anyway, I also noticed that my back wiper is offset and, although it works, the arm goes onto the car and does not stop at the window. Obviously someone messed with that too. Does anyone know how I can reset it to the correct wiping position? In addition, I cant get it to pull out away from the window either. If I force it, the arm will break. Some of the surrounding plastic at the base already did. What the heck??

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Joe
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Pull the cap off of the rear wiper, where it connects to the pivot arm. Remove the nut now visible. Pull the arm off the shaft, re-set it to the correct "park" position, and re-install the nut and the cap.

Five-minute job, depending on how hard it is to remove the cosmetic cap over the nut.

(But the vandal who messed with your car might have bent something. Be prepared to buy a new wiper arm. At least you'll be able to install it yourself, and save a few bucks.)

• Login to reply the answers
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

if you put this question on the search bar it might give you directions on how to do it

• Aster Rhoids
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

Thoughtful answer from an effortless person

• Login to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.