Can my child’s father get visitation while in a methadone treatment program?

I have a 4 year old son who has had visitation with his father for the last 3 years. His father used to be addicted to pain pills and in the beginning he used suboxone to get off pain pills but told me he ended the program. I found out a few weeks ago that he was now on methadone and I’m not sure how long he has... show more I have a 4 year old son who has had visitation with his father for the last 3 years. His father used to be addicted to pain pills and in the beginning he used suboxone to get off pain pills but told me he ended the program. I found out a few weeks ago that he was now on methadone and I’m not sure how long he has been on it. I’m not sure if judges rule that it is safe for children to visit their parents while their in the program. He is allowed to bring the medication home and claims he keeps it in a safe. His father also lives with his parents who have been pill poppers their whole lives but have prescriptions and just refill them when they run out by buying them off the streets. I always felt like I couldn’t prove that. I am now financially stable enough to afford a lawyer if I need to but curious if I’m wasting my time if judge will just rule he can see him. Looking for some insight or personal experience.