Why do a lot of muslins make sure everything they eat is halal, not eat port etc, but then drink and smoke and break the law?

Sorry if my question sounds rude I don’t mean to offend anyone but it confuses me. The words ‘a lot’ might be a stretch, but I know/ have met a lot of Muslims in my life and pretty much every one of them either drinks or smoke or has commuted crimes. (Also not trying to say they’re bad people because the majority... show more Sorry if my question sounds rude I don’t mean to offend anyone but it confuses me. The words ‘a lot’ might be a stretch, but I know/ have met a lot of Muslims in my life and pretty much every one of them either drinks or smoke or has commuted crimes. (Also not trying to say they’re bad people because the majority of people I’ve met who are my age have done this things. Just curious as to why they’re so particular about eating halal food when they do/have done much worse)