promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

What will happen if i don't sign power of attorney auto insurance? (total loss)?

Hi i recently got into a accident and the insurance company said they're going to send me a document to my mail box and i still have yet received. And it's been almost 4 months now, i just don't want to get into a trouble and etc. Has anyone deal with this problem before ?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • May
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

Sign it. It will be a limited power of attorney for just this one action.

4 months is waaay too long. Me thinks it;s time for you to do some "prodding" !

Don't just do something.....Sit there !

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

Nothing happens. And by nothing, I mean settlement wise.

It's only a limited power of attorney (very limited), and you kind of signed one with them already, so it's not a big deal. When you signed your application for insurance, you agreed that the insurance company would do all the legal negotiating on your behalf in the event of a claim. It says that right in the contract, and you can look it up if you feel like wading through all that legal mumbo-jumbo. The contract you already signed (or legally accepted) is binding in any court of law, so the document they're asking you to sign now is just a formality.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Then you won't get your settlement. The insurance company must have power of attorney so they can transfer ownership from you to them or another party.

• car253
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

4 months ??? You need to call the insurance company and tell them you never recieved the DMV form. And, ask them to send the form overnight mail FedEx to your auto insurance agent's office along with your total loss check. 4 Months??? That's crazy. It does not take that long.

Call them NOW !!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.