How to find a IP address using a username?

Hi. Use ping or traceroute ... Should tell You the direct path from You to whoever You're looking for but only when they're logged in.

G'Luck!!!

To elaborate a bit on that - I have a username. On our company network, I can use this username on every machine I come across. That's one username on a few thousand IP addresses.

On the other hand, my private PC (for an example) only has one (I know - but keep it simple) IP address, but at last count around a dozen different user names.

• keerok

Even with your real name. There's no way one could tell where you're from by just your name. You can't either with usernames. IP addresses are tied up to URLs, those letters, dots, and slashes after http:. Usernames are just nicknames. There are not numbers or sites attached to it.

What you can do is bruteforce your way into it. Try searching the nickname in all social sites you know, one at a time.

You would have to have access to the that persons service providers DHCP server logs, and that would only tell you the IP address of their router.

IP addresses have nothing to do with usernames.