How to find a IP address using a username?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 12 months ago

Hi. Use ping or traceroute ... Should tell You the direct path from You to whoever You're looking for but only when they're logged in.

G'Luck!!!

• 12 months ago

To elaborate a bit on that - I have a username. On our company network, I can use this username on every machine I come across. That's one username on a few thousand IP addresses.

On the other hand, my private PC (for an example) only has one (I know - but keep it simple) IP address, but at last count around a dozen different user names.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Even with your real name. There's no way one could tell where you're from by just your name. You can't either with usernames. IP addresses are tied up to URLs, those letters, dots, and slashes after http:. Usernames are just nicknames. There are not numbers or sites attached to it.

What you can do is bruteforce your way into it. Try searching the nickname in all social sites you know, one at a time.

• 12 months ago

You would have to have access to the that persons service providers DHCP server logs, and that would only tell you the IP address of their router.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 12 months ago

IP addresses have nothing to do with usernames.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.