i have to reset my wireless router just about every time i use my printer. why?

Maybe there is no connectivity!

power outages do that. also surges. to fix it, enter the router's advanced controls and look for a way to fix the IP address of the printer. this will require finding the printer's MAC address -- which is probably on the back label. after that, make sure your computer links to the printer ... which may require deleting and then reinstalling the printer in your operating system. you should be good to go after that

• John P9 months agoReport

I don't know if I will be able to do this BUT my grandson certainly will so once he attempts your suggested fix I should be good, thanks for your input

With no clues what router, what printer, how the printer is hooked to network (wire or wireless) or what computer and its operating system, how to guess? Contact printer maker or router maker for help.

Because your router doesn't like you. I have to reset my AV receiver every time I want to watch TV. life isn't fair, just suck it up.

i would ask your internet provider this question