Cat neurological problems google can’t solve lol?

My cat Smokey had a tail “degloving” a while ago, about 6 years or so ago, and we paid $500 to have his infected tail amputated. The infection has cleared up a long time ago, but now I think he might have neurological issues. When I scratch or pet anywhere near his tail (the closer I pet the worse it is) he will... show more My cat Smokey had a tail “degloving” a while ago, about 6 years or so ago, and we paid $500 to have his infected tail amputated. The infection has cleared up a long time ago, but now I think he might have neurological issues. When I scratch or pet anywhere near his tail (the closer I pet the worse it is) he will purr but he bites and chews on his arm or side. He doesn’t seem to be in any pain but his tail will twitch and he bites himself, and recently he’s been biting harder and harder. Any help or direction for what it might be? Thanks. - Austin
Update: Ignore the "lol" this is a serious question. No, the cat is not in pain, and on google I have found cats that bite themselves when they're scratched, but those are cats that have done that their whole lives. My cat only started doing it post amputation. I'm not looking for a diagnosis, just an... show more Ignore the "lol" this is a serious question. No, the cat is not in pain, and on google I have found cats that bite themselves when they're scratched, but those are cats that have done that their whole lives. My cat only started doing it post amputation. I'm not looking for a diagnosis, just an idea of what might cause it and if it is likely to be directly related to his tail amputation.