Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsReptiles · 6 months ago

I bought a baby beardie, but my baby beardie bites. What can I do about my bitey baby beardie?

Favorite Answer

Hopefully it’s the dragon not the collie but daily handling should help tame it, not just a minute or two but for awhile. Getting him used to his new home, the noises etc. once he’s used to the daily routine etc then he should be less ‘bitey’, I don’t think he was handled enough when he was smaller and is just wet in th defensive mode, not knowing you won’t harm him. Not all breeders do a good job raising their young. Some give minimal care to keep them healthy.

If you're speaking of a beautiful bearded clam, blast your bumptious bitey baby beardie with bushels of bling. They love bling....

bite him back to establish dominance

Quit scaring it, spend time with it. It needs to learn you won't chase or grab it, or harm it in any way.

Lizard or dog? You describe like a baby like you watch too much of Dr. K exotic vet, and we don't know what you're talking about, my guess would be a dog.

• Jay R

Keep your fingers away from its mouth.

just try to be more careful when you hold her

• :D-Girl

I'd bet big bucks it's a boy.

Bearded dragon or bearded collie. I'm guessing dragon but I must know for sure.

Buy your beardie a birdie buddy!