how is the culture in European countries different than that in the United States? why?

I noticed that people seem to be "cozier" with each other, less on guard, and more "Friendly"? but it really is that they have their guard down , not like Americans who seem to be on guard all the time, or have their noses in the air or have a resentful look. (depending if you are one of the minorities or not)..

but in Europe people seem to be more "together socially" and like you can stop and have ice cream and have a chat with someone and not be fake about it? true? why?

• Sally
    Favorite Answer

Why? Because their countries were not founded on white supremacy, creating a racial caste that still exists today, and that creates anger, fear and resentments.

Also, they do not have governments and media that purposely divide them. Also, most of these countries have far better social support systems to the people are not constantly anxious about going to the doctor or their child's education or going bankrupt. They can relax. And they don't have to be afraid of being shot and killed wherever they go.

• sissy

wtf clearly never been to America...

• Orla C

The main difference is gun control.

I am a German. So, most German people I've ever met (especially in Europe,) are very friendly towards each other. And then we can have a beer and chat to, but not for hours... But I've never met any real German in America that would say this. They probably think I'm too hard to get along with.

The culture in Africa is different. The way they live is very different.

• 4 months agoReport

well, how is African culture different? why do you think that is?

• Mark

After two world wars, Europe learned that having a militarist culture isn't a smart idea

The United States is a huge country. Different regions are ....different. I have visited the south people down there seem friendly especially Georgia. I have vacationed in Ireland and found the people very friendly. I visited Johnny Fox's bar in Dublin and had a hell of a time. England didn't seem as friendly and neither did Germany.

• 4 months agoReport

well, why do you think that is?

• Jerome

Quality of life (Europe) vs standard of living (US)

Meaning Europe is more democratic than capitalist and America is more capitalistic than democratic.

But the funny thing?

More Europeans migrate to America than Americans to Europe. Especially Jews.....

Why is this?

Things are not like what they appear or is it?🤔

• Jerome

Where they come from?

America?

See my point?

Even the ones not born there.

Now ask American jews the ones not born here where they come from?

Even go back a generation or 2 if you like just to see if this generational and not CULTivated.

• Henry

Europe is not the same as the USA.

• 4 months agoReport

well, uh, yeah, that is what I was asking about.

Sure. The EU is just one big happy family and the centuries that Europeans spent slaughtering one another were blown out of proportion.

• Peter for Paul

Someone moved it for you so you can call off your crisis counseling sweetie.

Americans are more competitive & much more "military like"..work harder and longer , etc. " due to the way they were raised via television and school system (foot ball and basket ball, prep clubs, etc)