Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

True or False? Rape should exclusively be defined as a male who put his genitals inside the vagina without her consent?

As millennial male, I always defined it that way. Gender equality is important in the United States and rape is only caused by one gender and that is the male. No such thing as a male being raped by a female as that is biologically impossible.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Clive
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I'm English and our law mostly agrees with you. Rape is defined in section 1 of the Sexual Offences Act 2003 as non-consensual penetration of a vagina, mouth or anus with a penis. Back in the Sexual Offences Act 1956, which it mostly repealed, what you say actually was the definition - non-consensual penetration of a vagina with a penis.

It was changed in the interests of sexual equality, so that gay rape was also possible. Previously, it could only be called "gross indecency" but that covered all homosexual sex - and as two men having sex in private was made legal in 1967, time for a rethink was well overdue. A lot of the point of the 2003 Act was to give more equality. I remember it well at the time. It meant that kissing another man goodbye was now legal and not "grossly indecent".

As one of our politicians said, women "have not been issued with the right kit". She actually said this in a speech that was intended to be funny about military training - the lecture she attended as an army reservist was about keeping your genitals non-sweaty in hot countries and it made no sense to all the women there. What made Parliament (and me watching it on TV) fall about in laughter was that's a good point. Equality is a fine thing but let's face it, men and women are different. Our bits, er, are not the same.

So what if a woman forces herself on a man? Read on in the 2003 Act - section 2 defines the offence of "sexual assault by penetration". This covers that. And it has the same maximum punishment as rape, life imprisonment.

So you CAN do it. Define rape as what you want it to be, then define any other kind of forced sex as something else with the same sentence. It works for us.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

In some US states it's a criminal rape if there is non-consensual penetration of a mouth, anus or vagina by any object, including sticking your finger in someone else's butt. Just so you know.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Sadly, you are a moron.  Yes, men can be raped by women.  Rape is non-consensual sex.  Given that the penis can become erect even without a man wanting it, or even being conscious, its entirely possible.  Studies have shown erection and ejaculation are controlled by the spinal cord, not the brain, so even braindead patients can have erections and emissions.  So, men can be raped, as they can get erect and have sex even if they don't want to.  So, it is entirely biologically, and legally possible.

• 6 months ago

Your argument proves you are not capable of grasping the full impact of the offense.

Yes it is possible and yes it has happened where a female had raped a male.

You only need to do a search to get the data.

• 6 months ago

False. Rape is defined as unlawful sexual activity and usually sexual intercourse carried out forcibly or under threat of injury against a person's will or with a person who is beneath a certain age or incapable of valid consent because of mental illness, mental deficiency, intoxication, unconsciousness, or deception.

• Clive
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

It's not defined in the same way everywhere.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Never had sex have you mate ?

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Not necessarily, because rape is any sexual violation of another person's body.

• Cogito
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Totally false.

It means the forces or otherwise unwanted or non-consenting penetration by one person of another, of someone's mouth, vagina or anus with any part of their body or any implement.

I work within the courts system and I've dealt with women who have used an object to rape children and (rarely) men. And men can use an object on a woman - vaginally and anally.

Also, of course a female can rape a man. Men can have an involuntary erection. I dealt with a case where three females held a man down and raped him. It's totally possible. And, of course, men can rape men and women can rape other women.

Thinking that rape can only be committed by a man on a woman, and it can only be done by a penis in a vagina, is naive, irrational and foolish.

• Robin
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

false as many rapes are anal ............................and many do not use their penis but other objects

• 6 months ago

if the male is forced to have sex when he doesnt want to

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

What about women pedophiles who rape children?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.