promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My husband refuses to help me, is this normal?

My vehicles battery died while I was at the store, 2 miles away from home. I called my husband so he could come give me a jump start. He immediately started yelling at me because he was gonna have to get up. It’s 12:30 on the afternoon btw. Then he said he can’t come because giving me a jump start with screw up his battery. He has a 2015 Cadillac CTS. I have a 2006 Buick Rendezvous. Is that true? I think he should have came to help me anyway. I’m sitting in a hot car (92 degrees) waiting for AAA

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Nah, you married kind of a jerk.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

My car broke down on a Thursday. My best friend's wedding festivities (rehearsal dinner) was the next night and I needed to drive two hours to get there. AND, I had made two of the bride's maid dresses, which I had to bring with me. Well, my husband refused to allow me to borrow his car (he would not be left without transportation because he had a truck at his shop, at his disposal (it was his). But, he flat out refused to let me use his car. So, I had to take a train, past my destination, to another city where another bride's maid lived for me to get a ride to the wedding. Another time a speeding motorist forced me off the road. I hit the curb to avoid an accident. I changed my tire and my car was driving strangely, so I walked to a gas station and called my husband. It was just getting dark. He told me to find a hotel and use his credit card and he will deal with me in the morning!! I told him that there was no way I could get to a hotel and I would wait for him. He was mad because he would miss a basketball game on TV. I told him to set the VCR to record it (this was in the 1980's).

I realized that, no, this is not normal for a husband to treat his wife like an inconvenience. I was not a drinker, partier, smoker. Nor did I ever cheat on him or spend more money than we had to spend. I helped him run his business, was raising his children, and helped his mother when she needed it.

Needless to say, I left the marriage because he was a selfish bastard.

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

I would say there are more problems in your marriage then him refusing to help you. If that happened to me, my husband would be there as soon as possible to "rescue" me.

• 7 months ago

Ni get divorced

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • car253
    Lv 7
    7 months ago

Not normal. But husband is right. A jump start can screw up the other vehicle if not done correctly.

I would never call him to help again. Just keep your Auto Club Card handy. And, Auto Zone sells a tool for quick battery starts. You don't need another car to start the car. I bet Auto Club is going to come and use that tool to start your car. Ask them about it.

Don't depend on your husband. Depend on Auto Club. They give better service.

• 7 months ago

no, it is not normal

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

< Your husband is a jerk >

Can't add anything to that. Don't need to add anything to that.

• 7 months ago

no, thats not normal, i wouldve dumped a husband like that

• 7 months ago

Sounds pretty normal for your husband based on your description.

• Anonymous
    7 months ago

Stop by my house on the way home and suck me off xo.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.