I'm overwhelmed?

I'm 16, and I just started a part time job at the end of July. I had an interview for the job the day after I turned 16 and l got working pretty fast. But my mental health has been the worst it's ever been and I feel overwhelmed all the time. I am now working about 15-20 hours a week and I'm coming in... show more I'm 16, and I just started a part time job at the end of July. I had an interview for the job the day after I turned 16 and l got working pretty fast. But my mental health has been the worst it's ever been and I feel overwhelmed all the time. I am now working about 15-20 hours a week and I'm coming in sometimes last minute because we are short staffed. I'm worried that 15-20 hours a week is too much for me right now, and when school starts I know it's going to be a lot. My therapist said maybe I can start working one day a week until I'm more comfortable and I learn how to cope with my anxiety better. I thought this was a good idea but I'm worried my boss will say no since we are about to lose kids that are going away to college and someone was just fired a couple weeks ago. How should I ask my boss to work less hours or less days?
9 answers 9