Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsInfectious Diseases · 12 months ago

question about cellulitis?

I've got cellulitis in my arm the doctor gave me antibiotics and said if I get UNWELL then go straight to the emergency department

what does he mean unwell? what should I look out for?

Favorite Answer

Your health care provider was talking about any complications you may experience.....

The 1st you may see is redness ,tenderness, over a small area of the skin. This infected area becomes hot and swollen and may look like the outer skin of an orange ( aka peau d orange).

In one form of C called erysipelas the edges of the infected area are raised. Small red spots(petechiae( commonly appear, larger spots caused by bleeding in the skin (ecchymoses)rarely appear. Small fluid-filled blisters (vesicles) or large fluid- filled blisters (bullae) may appear on the infected skin and may rupture.

As the infection spreads to a larger area, nearby lymph nodes may become enlarged and tender. Lymph nodes in the groin may be affected by leg infections: lymph nodes in the arm pits may be affected by arm infections,. Red streaks running between the infection and the nearby lymph nodes may appear on the skin.

Source(s): nurse
  • audrey

A fever. A lot of pain. More swelling. That sort of thing.

you need to ask your doctor this question